Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Guest Editor's Pick!

"Better late that never!" My mother used to say. I should have posted this entry Friday, but I did not have the time or energy. Now, for the good news:

This humble journal has been selected in this week’s guest editor’s "Picks Of The Week" section on the AOL Journals main page. Most of you are already familiar with Mrs. Linklater’s Guide To The Universe journal. This week Mrs. L has been selected to be a guest editor for AOL and man the Editor’s Pick desk.

The Mrs. has been asked to pick six journals to recommend to all of AOL as journals that should be checked out for content, style of writing, etc. They only have space on the journals main page to list six journals at a time. This fact did not faze the undauntable Mrs. L for even one moment. Mrs. L submitted sixteen journals for your consideration. These sixteen picks provide a wide spectrum of journaling experiences and I was very impressed with the ease that Mrs. L handled this task. Even though only six may be listed at any time on the Editor’s Picks section on journals main page, you may view all sixteen choices in the entry Mrs. L posted to her journal.

First of all I would like to say thank you to Mrs. L for including my journal in this august list of journals. I must say, Mrs. L has always struck me with impeccable taste, and she has not disappointed with this selection. Okay, enough self-aggrandizing! My hat fits too tightly already. From my newly humbled self I say thank you for this recognition.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being one of the journals picked to be "Picks Of The Week". I enjoy reading your journal very much. Helen

Anonymous said...

Mrs L. picked some fabulous journals!! Congratulations Sam. judi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sam!  You certainly have a great and interesting journal and deserved to be picked!  =)  ~Nikki

Anonymous said...

Yes, congratualtions!!  :)

Michele

Anonymous said...

Very cool!  Congratulations!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Mrs. L!  That is how I found you.  I look forward to more alerts on your entries.  Beautiful pics BTW.  C.     http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Mrs. L, besides being a funny lady, has great taste!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Awww Sam I am so happy for you! You know you were already one of my favorites! You are as much a part of my day as my coffee is...well when you have time for an entry...I'll take late than never any day. :)  hee hee...Congrats, you totally deserve it!!!!!  xo Robin

Anonymous said...

Wow -- thanks, Sam.  Big type too, so I can read it.  LOL.  Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

Most-awesomeness news.  I thought it was cool that 2 journals I read were on there.  Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Sam!  

Mrs. L~well, she is one of a kind here.  Of course she would pick your journal!  It's a nice place to come and relax, and read about water ;)  One of my favorite places in J~Land....

Hope all is going well workwise and grandson-wise this week.  Send some of that ocean breeze to the Midwest, it's too hot here :)

Have a great one!
Cat

Anonymous said...

Well done Sam, Mrs L. certainly has great taste!   ;-)

Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Well Sam, Congratulations!!!! Your journal is a great find and you write so well.

I don't know Mrs. L? My bad? I don't know anything about the journal picks or anything, I just write because I love to babble on about nothing or sometimes, something. It's better to complain in J-land than to my husband all the time. Poor guy, he has to put up with one feisty chick sometimes.

You deserve the honor and I will have to get to know this Mrs. L.

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to catch up on reading your previous entries and I can say that you are a much deserved choice for the Editors pick.. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Sam. last time I was in Savannah I had an oyster po' boy in a waterfront restaurant called the River House. the sandwich was incredible. Do you know if that restaurant is still there?

Anonymous said...

Hey!!  Congratulations Sam.  Well deserved.  
Tami

Anonymous said...

Mrs. L does have very good taste. She listed quite a few of my favorites. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great choice!  You lover of boats and water and little children, and J-landers . . . and . . .  you lover of life!

You write as if you are speaking directly to me . . .  and your wonderful vocabulary paints the picture just the way you want me to see it.  You make me smile, tear up . . .  you give me wonderful glimpses into your life.

My hat's off to you!
                      Cyndy

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
:):) Hugs and many congratulations !nat

Anonymous said...

That Mrs. L !! She's a clever one.  Congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations!  I've just read some of your entries, and the honor is well deserved.

:)

Judi

Anonymous said...

Belated congrats from me too - where the heck have I been? I must not be getting my alerts again - grrr! Very well deserved ~ Lori